Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Peacock Bling in Vegas



John and Andrea were married in a quick Vegas ceremony 14 years ago. This weekend found them in Vegas again, but this time they had a designer dress, custom suit, fashionable flowers, and a fantastic photographer!

I was lucky enough to get to put together the flowers for the shoots, and the only requests Andrea gave me were peacock feathers and bling! YAY! I couldn't narrow down the design ideas, so I built one bouquet of simple dark purple lilies and aspadistra leaves, with golden brown trailing beads and feathers tied in purple and green ribbons. The other bouquet utilized a silver holder and had cybidium orchids, cream lilies tinged in purple/pink, orange spray roses, plum freesia, and antique green hydrangea. There were silver and clear beaded leaves, more peacock feathers, and tiny diamond butterflies that I made to hover over some of the roses. I had way too much fun!

You know it's good when the bride can't decide which one to carry and so shoots with both bouquets! Great fun!

Thanks so much to John and Andrea for all of the Vegas fun, and for being such great fun to shoot!





For more flower fun visit my Florilista website!

No comments:

Post a Comment