Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Scoured The Valley!



My wholesaler is awesome. Anytime I order flowers, and run the six blocks over to their location to pick them up, I can rest assured that anything else I may possibly need will also be there waiting for me. Ribbons, pins, floral tape, vases, foam...ANYTHING. They have a perfectly appointed and fully stocked bunch of shelves that carry everything from fake flowers to feathers, and baubles to butterflies. Well, for the first time in four years, today they didn't have what I needed. Ack! Apparently, the feather supplier had come in that week at a crazy busy moment for the shop, and in the press, the peacock feathers were forgotten. Not a single turqouise eye peering at me from any corner of the store. Curses!!! What to do?

I'm heading to Las Vegas tomorrow for a fashion shoot on Saturday, followed by a bridal shoot on Monday. My bride for Monday had only two requests...Peacock Feathers and Sparkles! I have several options on the sparkles, but I only had four peacock feathers in hand, so the search began. Even if my wholesaler didn't have them this time, I had to find them somewhere.

Several stores that I tried had no feathers, and the ones that did carry them were hugely overpriced. I finally found exactly what I needed at a Michael's craft store of all places, out in the midst of West Valley, Utah. (West Side...Represent!) Now my bags are packed, my floral sheers are sharpened, and I'm confident that this new wholesaler (recommended for freshness by my current wholesaler) in Vegas will have lovely flowers for me bright at early on Monday morning. Ahh. My drive tomorrow will be so much more enjoyable now, and I can't wait to post the pics of the peacock fun!

For more flower fun visit my Florilista website!

No comments:

Post a Comment