Monday, March 14, 2011

Mostly Happy, Sometimes Sad

I am the first to admit that I have a great job. Working so often with such beautiful things as flowers, ribbon, and accessories is such a great way to spend some time. Don't get me wrong...There is stress for deadlines, coordinating contracts, and availability issues, but mostly, the joy of the flowers, the colors, the smells, all the beauty wrapped together makes for a great time.

Very rarely though, I'm asked to do flowers for an event that is decidedly not happy. The recent death of the grandfather of some dear friends was just such an event. Grandpa had been out-doorsy, and loved the fall. I was given a budget and asked to include a ribbon, but otherwise I was given carte blanche to create as beautiful and memorable a piece as I could for such a loved family member. Woodsy grandpa got fall colored roses, peace lilies, alstromeria, daisies, and boxwood leaves...and a lot of them.


Grandpa will be sorely missed, but was well remembered and greatly loved. I was honored to be part of his funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment