Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Orchids, Callas, Berries, and Grass

Melanie emailed me from New Jersey with a half-inch jpeg of a bouquet and asked if it was something I could recreate for her Salt Lake City wedding. With the help of a zoom, magnifying glass, and some insightful guessing, I was happy to recreate this beautiful assymetrical bouquet using phalenopsis and dendrobium orchids, 3-foot calla lilies as well as mini calls, hypericum berries, and bear grass. I was also able to create some boutonnieres and bouquets of the mini callas for the bridesmaids and gromsmen with an orchid boutonniere for the groom. Using the nearly 4-foot callas in the centerpieces added a great connection through the event with orchids and bear grass on the cake. It was such a beautiful wedding, a beautiful party, and such beautiful flowers to work with! This "Orchid Wedding" is a consistent favorite with all my clients and is definitely worth a mention in my review of my best and favorite work. Thanks again, Melanie for all of the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment